Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The First Days

Well the first days are the hardest days, don't you worry any more

'Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door

Think this through with me, let me know your mind

Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?



It's a buck dancer's choice my friend, better take my advice

You know all the rules by now, and the fire from the ice

Will you come with me, won't you come with me?

Wo-oh, what I want to know, will you come with me?



God damn, well I declare, have you seen the like?

Their walls are built of cannon balls

Their motto is "don't" tread on me"



Come hear Uncle John's Band, playing to the tide

Come with me or go alone

He's come to take his children home


~~ 'Uncle John's Band' from "Workingman's Dead" by the Grateful Dead



Technorati tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home